So I ended up not running or doing any workout on Saturday. I was not thrilled about it, but it gave my body an extra day. I probably should have done some jump rope or something though, next time I will consider that.
Rob and I got to enjoy a cookout with some friends yesterday too.
This morning I got up and headed out at 7am. I was cloudy, humid, and felt like a storm may come in. I felt very rested and ready for a good run. My left knee was not sore, but only stiff. I would call it a 2. Something I’m aware of, but nothing sharp or worry-some.
16 Miles Long Run W/ 4 Miles @ MGP (‘Hood, 2:09:33, 8:06 Pace)
I did an ice bath and had a Starbucks Mocha Frap (that actually stats wise is like a low-fat chocolate milk, plus caffeine, yay!) and a Greek Yogurt.
My knee soreness is gone! I have ever so slightly on my left outside Achilles a tinge I would put at a 2. I hope by morning to be good to go. 🙂
Rob and I met up for brunch with Mary and Shippy. It was so delicious after a nice long run. 🙂
Losing two days of running made my weekly mileage lower. I should have been at 63, but ended up with 48.9 Miles.
While on this long run I got my head around the next 12 weeks. As of Monday we are 12 weeks out from Chicago Marathon. My first week in will be a recovery from the speedwork training I’ve been doing. As I started to think about my running for this marathon and what I could improve on, I keep going back to the other aspects that go around running. I haven’t spent as much time as I should on items that should help support a strong running plan. So with that I plan to “tighten the screws” for the next 12 weeks with the following:
- I will log all food intake. I think the data will help me figure out ways to improve my nutrition and ensure I am eating the right amounts of protein, carbs, fat.
- I will weigh in each Sunday. Not really a weight loss reason, just to keep note of changes. I will note what I see far as body composition.
- I will log as much data as possible in my training log. Heart rate, weight, mood, effort, soreness.
- I will ice bath after quality workouts. 15 minute investment, each session.
- I will trigger point at least once a week. 20 minute investment, each session.
- I will do Ab Ripper at least twice a week. 15 minute investment, each session.
- I will cross train at least once a week. Bike, jump rope, whatever I can.
- I will do drills at least once a week. 45 minute investment, with warm up, each session.
- No horseplay. I need to state this one since I made the mistake of playing sand volleyball and aggravating my knee and costing myself some good training.
To some people this may be a duh-list, something not needed to declare, but for me writing it out makes it real. On the days when work makes me tired, or I feel like it’s too much, I will remember the promise I made to myself to treat not only running seriously, but the items that keep me healthy to train well.
It all begins again tomorrow!!